DISCLAIMER: If you’re planning on making out with somebody later tonight, do not make this rice for dinner. You will have garlic breath that could kill a vampire. And nobody wants to make out with that.
Ok, now that I’ve gotten that pesky warning out of the way, let me just tell you this: I freaking love this rice. It might be my favorite way to make rice as a side dish. It’s creamy and garlicky and cheesy (hence the title), and simply delicious.
I mean, just check out these pictures! My mouth is watering just looking at them and remembering how good this rice tasted when we had it for dinner last night.
Because this rice is so flavorful, it usually pairs best with simpler meat and vegetable options. I love serving it with grilled salmon (seasoned only with salt, pepper, and a little butter) and steamed broccoli or asparagus. Another great pairing is sautéed chicken breasts with roasted carrots. Damn now I’m hungry. I should really stop writing my blog posts before I get around to eating lunch.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add rice and stir to combine.
- Add water and milk to rice and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until all liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Sprinkle parsley over rice for garnish.
Inspired by: South Your Mouth